ELECTRICAL EXPLOSION AT COMMERCIAL PROPERTY

Reports of an electrical explosion at a commercial property in Blacknell Lane were received by Devon & Somerset Fire and Rescue Service in the early hours of this morning. One fire engine from Crewkerne was mobilised at around 04:33 and crews set to work, putting a cordon in place to prevent access. Western Power Distribution were requested to attend to locate electrics, alongside an on site electrician. A structural engineer also arrived at the scene due to damage caused to an internal wall of the property.

Fire crews were able to enter the building at 07:00 for an inspection to check everything was safe, after confirmation was given that all utilities had been isolated. Crews confirmed that a shock wave explosion had occurred due to a capacitor exploding inside electrical installation. The duty of care was later handed over to the site manager and crews left the scene. The commercial property where the explosion took place is the Parker Hannifin Ltd building in Blacknell Lane. Employees were informed this morning that the site would stay closed today, until further assessments were made and the site declared safe for employees to enter.

Be the first to comment on "ELECTRICAL EXPLOSION AT COMMERCIAL PROPERTY"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*


Facebook Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com