FLAT FIRE OUT BEFORE FIRE CREWS ARRIVE

A fire in a residential flat at Bowhayes Lodge in Orchard Rise was extinguished by staff, before the Fire Service arrived. Fire appliances from Crewkerne, Chard and Beaminster responded to the emergency call out at around 8 am on February 13th. Fire crews confirmed on arrival that the fire had been safely extinguished by staff using a CO2 fire extinguisher. The fire was caused by a sofa being placed too close to a fireplace and the property was ventilated naturally and inspected by the Fire Service, using a thermal image camera, to check for any hot spots. The room received 10% fire damage but thankfully no-one was reported to have been injured during the incident.

Later the same day, at around 6 pm, a Crewkerne fire appliance was mobilised to help a driver and her dog, who had become stranded after driving into flood water near South Petherton. Due to deep flood water along the route, the Crewkerne crew were unable to make it to the scene and were forced to turn back. Martock fire crew were able to make contact, and checked that no medical assistance was required, before using water safety equipment to wade through the flood. The fire crew helped the lady and her dog back to dry land, where she waited for a relative to arrive. A road closure was put in place, to ensure that no other vehicles were able to enter the flooded stretch of road.

Be the first to comment on "FLAT FIRE OUT BEFORE FIRE CREWS ARRIVE"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*


WP2Social Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com