Fire appliances from Crewkerne, Ilminster and Chard were immediately mobilised to the scene of a domestic property fire in Henson Park, Chard at 12:25 hrs on January 2nd, following a call to Fire Control by a member of the public reporting a fire in a neighbour’s property.
The Incident Commander confirmed on arrival that there was smoke issuing from a 3rd floor flat and crews quickly set to work to gain access to the flat, using a 13.5 metre ladder, breathing apparatus, a hose reel jet, thermal imaging camera and a covering jet.
Firefighters confirmed on entering the flat, that the fire was contained to a hob in the kitchen. After the fire had been extinguished, crews used a positive pressure ventilation fan to clear smoke from the property. A spokesman for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service confirmed that “the cause of the fire was deemed to have been accidental.”