Residents living in Brickyard Lane, Crewkerne responded quickly in the early hours of this morning, when they noticed that a neighbours garden shed was on fire. Fire Control received several calls at 00:40 hrs, reporting a large fire in the rear garden of a domestic property. A crew from Crewkerne Fire Station were initially mobilised but within minutes of their arrival at the scene of the incident, the attendance was increased with a further fire engine coming from Yeovil.

A spokesperson for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said: “The resident of a detached bungalow had a lucky escape this morning after a fire which started in their garden shed, quickly spread to a fence panel and then to their conservatory. As firefighters tackled the fire externally, more crew were sent inside the property and soon located the resident, who was fit and well and was led outside to safety.”

The fire which started accidentally was brought under control using one hose reel jet, small tools and a thermal imaging camera. The garden shed and the fence panel were completely destroyed but the conservatory sustained heat damage only. The scene of the incident was made safe and the occupant of the bungalow received a health check before being left in the care of their family.

WP2Social Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com